In this weeks episode we have fellow screencaster and screencaster of the week on the SAP couch Jeff Bradbury from Teachercast.net. He will be sharing with us is screencasting equipment, how he creates his screencasts and much more..
In 2011, Jeff created TeacherCast as a way to help me curate resources for teachers and students to help them learn how to use educational technology in their classrooms.
He is an ASCD Emerging Leader, Google Certified Teacher, Google Education Trainer, PBS Learning Media Digital Innovator, Microsoft Innovative Educator, Microsoft Surface Expert, speaker, writer, podcaster, broadcaster, consultant, and educational media specialist. He is currently the Coordinator for Technology Integration for the Westwood Regional School District in New Jersey.
ALL THIS WEEKS SHOW NOTES:
Screencast tip of the week
when using transitions stick to only a few. There are either the dip to black/white or the cross dissolve. Too many people over use transitions that are available to them. If your goal is teaching transitions then by all means go ahead and use them all, if it’s not, only use the ones I suggest. Adding transitions can and will detract from your message.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Jeff Uses final cut pro to add intro outros
- He uses Compressor to slim down his videos and batch create saves time
- He Uses pixel mater
- Jeff said Edit from the back to front
- Always have viewer in mind when creating screencasts
- Watch and learn how to edit videos from experts and you’ll become a better screencaster
- Use export settings for intended audience
TOP RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED